River Islands Technology Academy will provide students with a specialized, integrated technology-based curriculum and experiential learning opportunities.
River Islands Technology Academy
We Are College Bound!!!
The School will provide each student with a safe, supportive, character building, orderly educational environment in which each student can achieve his/her potential through specialized technology based curriculum and experiential learning opportunities.
- Successful integration of technology into all aspect of the educational processes administratively, pedagogically and scholastically;
- Mastery of academic standards via enhanced education through technology applications; and
- Universal adoption of technology into the culture of the community.
- The staff and students to develop the skills needed to enable them to address, use and process information using the most up-to-date technologies available.
- The staff and students to develop the skills needed to install and maintain these up-to-date technologies. Involving students in the development of technology is a win-win situation. It enables the school to get more out of each technical skill that they will be able to use in their careers.
- Technology to develop efficient communications for interactions: a) within our school; b) between school and home and c) between our school and community.
- Technology planning that will take into account the most cost effective means of introducing new technologies and developing plans for upgrading into newer technologies as they unfold.
- Teachers to use technology to improve teaching and enhance student learning.
- Administrators to use technology to improve management functions, support decision making and increase organizational efficiency.
- Technology to be used to enable students to meet state-approved academic standards.